Echo Canyon State Park
|Echo Canyon State Park|
Echo Canyon Reservoir, June 2005
|Location||Lincoln County, Nevada, United States|
|Nearest town||Pioche, Nevada|
Latitude and Longitude:
|Area||1,055.27 acres (4.2705 km2) |
|Elevation||5,348 ft (1,630 m) |
|Designation||Nevada state park|
|Administrator||Nevada Division of State Parks|
|Website||Echo Canyon State Park|
Echo Canyon State Park is a public recreation area located about twelve miles (19 km) east of the town of Pioche, Nevada, United States. The state park surrounds the seventy-acre (28 ha) Echo Canyon Reservoir.  The scenic area around Echo Canyon has several ranches and farms. The park ranges in elevation from 5,200 feet (1,600 m) to 5,600 feet (1,700 m)  and sees occasional winter snows. 
The reservoir was created with the building in 1969–70 of the Echo Canyon Dam in the Meadow Valley Wash approximately ten miles downstream from Eagle Valley Reservoir.  Following development of a camping area, the Nevada Division of State Parks took control of operations in 1970. 
The park offers campsites, picnicking, boat launch, and fishing. The 2.5-mile (4.0 km) Ash Canyon hiking trail leads into backcountry areas of the park. 
- "Echo Canyon Reservoir State Recreation Area". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Inventory of State Lands" (PDF). Nevada Division of State Lands. April 27, 2018. Retrieved November 27, 2019.
- "Echo Canyon Reservoir". Bodies of Water. Nevada Department of Wildlife. Retrieved November 27, 2019.
- "Echo Canyon State Park Brochure" (PDF). Nevada Division of State Parks. June 2011. Archived from the original (PDF) on January 7, 2017. Retrieved December 20, 2016.
- "Chapter 5: Inventory" (PDF). Nevada 2005 State Recreational Trails Plan. Nevada Division of State Parks, Planning and Development Section. p. 59. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 21, 2016. Retrieved December 20, 2016.
- "Echo Canyon State Park". Nevada State Parks. Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. Retrieved December 20, 2016.
- Echo Canyon State Park Nevada State Parks