South Fork State Recreation Area
|South Fork State Recreation Area|
South Fork Dam and Reservoir, looking southeast
|Location||Elko County, Nevada, United States|
|Nearest city||Elko, Nevada|
Latitude and Longitude:
|Area||3,903.04 acres (15.7950 km2) |
|Elevation||5,226 ft (1,593 m) |
|Designation||Nevada state recreation area|
|Administrator||Nevada Division of State Parks|
|Website||South Fork State Recreation Area|
South Fork State Recreation Area is a state park unit of the state of Nevada covering nearly four thousand acres, located five miles (8.0 km) due south of Elko.  The park comprises the 1,650-acre (670 ha) South Fork Reservoir  and surrounding marsh, meadowlands, and hills. 
The land was formerly the site of the Tomera Ranch, which was sold to the state in 1983. The reservoir was created with construction of the South Fork Dam, an impoundment on the South Fork of the Humboldt River authorized in 1983 and completed in 1988.  Filling of the reservoir was completed in 1995. 
Facilities include a 25-site campground, boat ramp, and parking area near the dam. The reservoir is known for its trophy-class trout and bass fishing.  South Fork Canyon, managed by the Bureau of Land Management below the dam, is available for hiking, floating, and fishing. 
- "South Fork Recreation Area". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Inventory of State Lands" (PDF). Nevada Division of State Lands. April 27, 2018. Retrieved November 25, 2019.
- "South Fork State Recreation Area". Nevada State Parks. Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. Retrieved January 25, 2017.
- R. Moore; J. Scanland; S. Weaver; J. Wilkenson (2007).
"South Fork State Recreation Area 2007 Development Plan" (PDF). Nevada Division of State Parks. Archived from
the original (PDF) on August 13, 2012. Retrieved April 1, 2011. Cite journal requires
- "South Fork Reservoir". Bodies of Water. Nevada Department of Wildlife. Retrieved February 1, 2018.
- "History of South Fork State Recreation Area". Nevada State Parks. Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. Retrieved January 25, 2017.
- "Natural Resources and Climate for South Fork State Recreation Area". Nevada State Parks. Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. Retrieved February 1, 2018.
- "South Fork Canyon Recreation Area". Bureau of Land Management. Retrieved January 25, 2017.