Federal Detention Center, Honolulu
|Security class||Administrative Security|
|Managed by||Federal Bureau of Prisons|
|Warden||Bobby L. Meeks|
|Street address||351 Elliott Street|
The Federal Detention Center, Honolulu (FDC Honolulu) is a United States federal prison facility in Hawaii which holds male and female prisoners of all security levels prior to or during court proceedings in Hawaii Federal District Court, as well as inmates serving brief sentences. It is operated by the Federal Bureau of Prisons, a division of the United States Department of Justice.
As of 2013 it houses 300 prisoners sentenced under Hawaii state law rather than federal law; the Hawaii state prison system did not have enough capacity for these prisoners. 
The facility opened in 2001. The first 25 inmates to occupy the facility were scheduled to arrive at FDC Honolulu on July 31 of that year; previously they were held in facilities in the Mainland United States. The first five groups, each consisting of 25 inmates, were made up of inmates within their final two years of their federal prison sentences. FDC Honolulu relieved the Oahu Community Correctional Center, operated by the Hawaii Department of Public Safety. As of June 2001, the Oahu Community Correctional Center, designed to hold 1,000 pretrial inmates, held 1,150 pretrial inmates. The first pretrial inmates from Hawaii were scheduled to move into the federal center one month after the first five groups of 25 convicted inmates had arrived. 
As of 2016 the Hawaii State Legislature has expressed an interest in acquiring FDC Honolulu. 
|Inmate Name||Register Number||Status||Details|
|Duane "Dog" Chapman||95743-022||Arrested on September 14, 2006; released on bail the next day.||Subjects of the A&E reality television program Dog the Bounty Hunter; arrested on an illegal bounty hunting warrant issued in Mexico in connection with their apprehension of serial rapist Andrew Luster in 2003; the charges against them were later dismissed. |
- " FDC Honolulu." Federal Bureau of Prisons. Retrieved on December 30, 2009.
- Bosworth, Mary. The U.S. Federal Prison System. SAGE Publications, July 19, 2002. ISBN 0761923047, 9780761923046. p. 235.
- Thompson, David. " Field Guide: Honolulu Behind Bars" ( Archive). Honolulu. July 9, 2012. Retrieved on February 7, 2016.
- " New jailhouse ready for first inmates" ( Archive). Honolulu Star-Bulletin. Wednesday June 13, 2001. Retrieved on December 30, 2009.
- " H.C.R. NO. 31" ( Archive). Government of Hawaii. Retrieved on February 7, 2016.
- "Bounty hunter Duane 'Dog' Chapman arrested". Associated Press. September 21, 2006.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Federal Detention Center, Honolulu.|