Location of Holton, Wisconsin
Latitude and Longitude:
|• Total||34.6 sq mi (89.5 km2)|
|• Land||34.6 sq mi (89.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,404 ft (428 m)|
|• Density||25/sq mi (9.8/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 ( Central (CST))|
|• Summer ( DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|Area code(s)||715 & 534|
|FIPS code||55-35500 |
|GNIS feature ID||1583405 |
As of the census  of 2000, there were 907 people, 297 households, and 239 families living in the town. The population density was 26.5 people per square mile (10.2/km²). There were 312 housing units at an average density of 9.1 per square mile (3.5/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 99.23% White, 0.11% African American, and 0.66% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.77% of the population.
There were 297 households out of which 41.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 72.7% were married couples living together, 4.4% had a female householder with no husband present, and 19.2% were non-families. 16.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 5.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.05 and the average family size was 3.45.
In the town, the population was spread out with 32.3% under the age of 18, 8.4% from 18 to 24, 27.9% from 25 to 44, 21.1% from 45 to 64, and 10.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 34 years. For every 100 females, there were 112.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 111.0 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $36,000, and the median income for a family was $39,750. Males had a median income of $24,500 versus $20,156 for females. The per capita income for the town was $13,884. About 11.1% of families and 14.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 23.1% of those under age 18 and 12.8% of those age 65 or over.
- Herman Hedrich, farmer and politician, lived on a farm in the town and served in the Wisconsin State Assembly during that time. 
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Holton town, Marathon County, Wisconsin". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved September 17, 2012.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Holton town, Marathon County, Wisconsin". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved September 17, 2012.
- 'Wisconsin Blue Book 1917,' Biographical Sketch of Herman Hedrich, pg. 535