1930 United States census
of the United States
|Total population||122,775,046 ( 13.7%)|
|Most populous ||
|Least populous ||
The United States census of 1930, conducted by the Census Bureau one month from April 1, 1930, determined the resident population of the United States to be 122,775,046, an increase of 13.7 percent over the 106,021,537 persons enumerated during the 1920 census.
The 1930 census collected the following information: 
- relationship to head of family
- home owned or rented
- if owned, value of home
- if rented, monthly rent
- whether owned a radio set
- whether on a farm
- marital status and, if married, age at first marriage
- school attendance
- birthplace of person, and their parents
- if foreign born:
- language spoken at home before coming to the U. S.
- year of immigration
- whether naturalized
- ability to speak English
- occupation, industry and class of worker
- whether at work previous day (or last regular work day)
- veteran status
- if Indian:
- whether of full or mixed blood
- tribal affiliation
Full documentation for the 1930 census, including census forms and enumerator instructions, is available from the Integrated Public Use Microdata Series.
The original census enumeration sheets were microfilmed by the Census Bureau in 1949, after which the original sheets were destroyed.  The microfilmed census is located on 2,667 rolls of microfilm, and available from the National Archives and Records Administration. Several organizations also host images of the microfilmed census online, and digital indices.
Microdata from the 1930 census are freely available through the Integrated Public Use Microdata Series. Aggregate data for small areas, together with electronic boundary files, can be downloaded from the National Historical Geographic Information System.
|Rank||State||Population as of
1930 census 
|Population as of
|–||District of Columbia||486,869||437,571||49,298||11.3%|
- "Library Bibliography Bulletin 88, New York State Census Records, 1790–1925". New York State Library. October 1981. p. 45 (p. 51 of PDF). Archived from the original on January 30, 2009. Retrieved December 15, 2008.
- The United States National Archives and Records Administration. "FAQs about the 1930 Census". National Archives website. Retrieved May 17, 2012.
- "1930 Census: Volume 1. Population, Number and Distribution of Inhabitants". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on May 26, 2017. Retrieved August 5, 2021.
- Population of the 100 Largest Cities and Other Urban Places in the United States: 1790 to 1990, U.S. Census Bureau, 1998
- "Regions and Divisions". U.S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on December 3, 2016. Retrieved September 9, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1930 United States Census.|
- 1930 Census Questions Hosted at CensusFinder.com
- 1931 U.S Census Report Contains 1930 census results
- Historic US Census data
- 1930Census.com: 1930 United States Census for Genealogy & Family History Research
- 1930 Interactive US Census Find stories, photos and more attached to names on the 1930 US census.