|Network||China Global Television Network|
|Owner||China Central Television|
|Launched||February 6, 2012|
|Available on some cable systems||Check Local Listings|
|Dish Network||Channel 279|
|AT&T U-verse||Channel 3602|
|CGTN America||Live stream|
CGTN America is the American version of CGTN.  CGTN is the collection of international language news channels run by China Media Group. It is based in Washington, D.C. and manages bureaus across North and South America. The service employs a mix of American, international and Chinese journalists and produces Americas-based programming with a focus on Asia for CGTN.  It maintains a separate schedule of programs each day from noon to 7 p.m. MST (7 p.m. to 2 a.m. GMT), and like its African counterpart, it simulcasts CGTN International at all other times. CGTN America is led by director general Ma Jing with veteran Asia journalist Jim Laurie as executive consultant.  It began broadcasting on February 6, 2012, replacing the former English language CCTV 9 in the region. 
In 2018, the United States Department of Justice ordered the CGTN America to register as a foreign agent under the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA).  CGTN America said in its FARA filings on February 1, 2019 that it disagreed with the Justice Department's decision, but registered nonetheless.  In 2020, the United States Department of State designated CGTN and its parent company, CCTV, as "foreign missions."  
- DC: Mike Walter, Anand Naidoo, Asieh Namdar, Elaine Reyes, Rachelle Akuffo, Susan E. Roberts, | Phillip TK Yin (former anchor), 
- DC: Wang Guan, Jim Spellman, Sean Callebs
News and Documentary Emmy® Awards 
|2016||Jen Bricker: When “Can’t” is a Four-Letter Word||Outstanding Feature in a News Magazine|
2016 New York Festivals International TV & Film Awards 
|Gold||Jen Bricker: When Can't is a Four-Letter Word||Television - News: Reports/Features||Human Interest|
|Silver||On Thin Ice: People of the North||Television - Craft: Program||Best Camerawork|
|Silver||Reinventing Cuba||Television - Documentary/Information Program||Human Concerns|
|Silver||Jen Bricker: When Can't is a Four-Letter Word||Television - News: Reports/Features||Heroes|
|Bronze||Reinventing Cuba||Television - Documentary/Information Program||Heroes|
|Bronze||No Strings Attached: Puppets Supporting Children Throughout the World||Television - Documentary/Information Program||The Arts|
2015 New York Festivals International TV & Film Awards 
|Gold||Haiti steps up health care measures to fight disease||Best Coverage of a Continuing News Story|
|Bronze||Anand Naidoo||Best News Anchor|
In November 2018, amid growing international criticism of China's imprisonment of hundreds of thousands of Muslim Uyghurs in re-education camps, CGTN America aired a piece portraying the camps as successful vocational training and antiterrorism centers and Uyghurs as grateful. In addition, CGTN America has broadcast "exclusive" forced confessions of people accused of a wide variety of crimes in China, most notably the example of a Briton, Peter Humphrey. 
The United States Department of State characterised "CGTN America’s relationship with a foreign government and a foreign political party as one of interest to Washington". The United States Department of Justice was concerned about an "expanding influence campaign being waged by Beijing through the global arms of state media outlets" like CGTN and Xinhua News Agency.   In putting pressure upon Xinhua and CGTN, a senior US official noted that US grievances towards the lack of reciprocity from Beijing on trade and media access as many American and international news outlets are blocked in China.  CGTN America has registered as a foreign agent under the Foreign Agent Registration Act on February 1, 2019, on the orders of the Justice Department. While this permits them to continue operating in the United States, they are required to disclose information about their annual budget and ownership structure, while also including disclaimers on broadcasts, published materials and social media identifying themselves as registered foreign agents. After registering with the FARA, CGTN America director general Ma Jing and a dozen other staffers were recalled to Beijing. 
- Mozur, Paul (2019-02-28). "Live From America's Capital, a TV Station Run by China's Communist Party". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Archived from the original on 2020-04-28. Retrieved 2020-05-28.
- "CCTV America Initiates New Programming From Washington, D.C." (Press release). CCTV. 2012-02-06. Retrieved 2012-02-08.[ permanent dead link]
- "Chinese state TV starts American service this week". Associated Press. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- Wang, Xi (2012-02-06). "About CCTV America". CNTV. Archived from the original on 2012-03-14. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- O’Keeffe, Kate; Viswanatha, Aruna (2018-09-18). "Justice Department Has Ordered Key Chinese State Media Firms to Register as Foreign Agents". The Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Archived from the original on 2019-04-18. Retrieved 2020-04-05.
- "Chinese State Media Giant CGTN Registers as Foreign Agent in U.S." 2019-02-05. Archived from the original on 2020-04-04. Retrieved 2020-04-04.
- Jakes, Lara; Myers, Steven Lee (2020-02-18). "U.S. Designates China's Official Media as Operatives of the Communist State". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Archived from the original on 2020-03-24. Retrieved 2020-05-29.
- Wong, Edward (2020-06-22). "U.S. Designates Four More Chinese News Organizations as Foreign Missions". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Archived from the original on 2020-06-22. Retrieved 2020-06-23.
- Hernández, Javier C. (2016-02-05). "Ties to Chinese State Media Raise Questions in U.S. Election Campaign". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Archived from the original on 2016-03-17. Retrieved 2016-04-07.
- "37th Annual News and Documentary Emmy® Awards". Archived from the original on 12 November 2017. Retrieved 9 February 2018.
- "New York Festivals - World's Best TV & Films 2016". Archived from the original on 9 February 2018. Retrieved 9 February 2018.
- "New York Festivals - World Best TV & Films 2015". Archived from the original on 2018-02-09. Retrieved 2018-02-09.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2020-02-20. Retrieved 2020-02-22.CS1 maint: archived copy as title ( link)
- "A Leaked Memo Says Chinese State TV Registered As A Foreign Agent "In The Spirit Of Cooperation"". Buzzfeednews. February 5, 2019. Archived from the original on 9 November 2019. Retrieved 12 February 2019.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2020-02-22. Retrieved 2020-02-22.CS1 maint: archived copy as title ( link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2020-05-25. Retrieved 2019-03-13.CS1 maint: archived copy as title ( link)