Yuma station (Arizona)
|Location||281 South Gila Street|
Yuma, AZ 85364
Latitude and Longitude:
|Line(s)||Union Pacific Railroad|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Station code||Amtrak code: YUM|
|Passengers (2017)||4,605  0.63%|
Yuma is an Amtrak station at 281 South Gila Street in Yuma, Arizona, United States. Passenger rail service is provided thrice-weekly in each direction by the Sunset Limited and the Texas Eagle over this portion of its route. The station's island platform, which is adjacent to the station building site, are accessible through a short pedestrian tunnel.
The former structure, Southern Pacific Railroad Depot (Yuma, Arizona), was built in 1926 by the Southern Pacific Railroad. After SP ceased passenger operations upon Amtrak's start in 1971, the station housed the Yuma Fine Arts Museum. The depot was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1976. The structure was devastated in a May 1993 fire and was razed in the summer of 1994. 
There are three weekly trains in each direction: 
- Westbound Train #1/421 departs at 11:49 pm Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
- Eastbound Train #2/422 departs at 2:47 am Monday, Thursday and Saturday
Train #1 is the Westbound New Orleans-Los Angeles Sunset Limited, while train #421 refers to the through coach and sleeper transferred from the Texas Eagle (Chicago-San Antonio) to the Sunset Limited in San Antonio.
Train #2 is the Eastbound Sunset Limited, traveling from Los Angeles to New Orleans, with a through coach and sleeper designated as Train #422, which is detached in San Antonio and transferred to the Chicago-bound Texas Eagle #22.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2017, State of Arizona" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2017. Retrieved 12 January 2018.
- Wullenjohn, Chuck (December 12, 1994). "Yuma Needs a Proper Depot". Blog Archive. Arizona Rail Passenger Association. Retrieved April 2, 2010.
- Sunset Limited Schedule effective March 10, 2013 Archived August 15, 2013, at the Wayback Machine (Retrieved September 3, 2013)
- Yuma, AZ – Amtrak
- Yuma Amtrak Station (USA Rail Guide – Train Web)
- Yuma (YUM)--Great American Stations (Amtrak)
|This Arizona railway station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|