|City||Boiling Spring Lakes, North Carolina|
|Broadcast area||Wilmington, North Carolina|
|Frequency||99.9 MHz ( HD Radio)|
|Slogan||The Greatest Hits Of All Time|
HD2: Soft Adult Contemporary "95.9 The Breeze"
|Owner||Capitol Broadcasting Company|
|WAZO, WILT, WMFD|
First air date
|December 13, 1964 (as WPGF-FM)|
Former call signs
|HAAT||177 meters (581 ft)|
|Translator(s)||95.9 W240AS (Wilmington, relays HD2)|
Listen Live (HD2)
WKXB launched as adult contemporary formatted WVBS in the early 1980s. WVBS would flip to a Top 40/CHR format in the mid-late 1980s named "All Hit B100". In 1993, WVBS became Country formatted "Kix Country 99.9" with new calls WKXB. In 1999, WKXB again switched formats to Jammin' Oldies as "Jammin 99.9".  WKXB more than doubled its audience and became the number one station in the market. 
In 2001, WKXB shifted to a more Rhythmic Adult Contemporary format. As of 2012, it has returned to Rhythmic Oldies, predominantly from the 1960s thru 1980s.
On March 31, 2010, WKXB reduced its power output from 100,000 watts to 35,000 watts in a transmitter and city of license move to Boiling Spring Lakes, North Carolina to allow a signal boost by co-owned and co-channeled WCMC-FM in the Raleigh market.
In June 2018, WKXB launched "95.9 The Breeze" on its HD2 signal, as well as on translator W240AS 95.9 FM Wilmington, which had been used by WMFD. The soft adult contemporary format included Chicago, Elton John, Billy Joel, James Taylor, Phil Collins, Hall & Oates, the Eagles, and Lionel Richie. 
- Morgan Lee, "Station Jilts Country to Woo Female Listeners", Star-News, March 2, 1999.
- Toby Eddings, "WDAI returns to top of radio ratings," The Sun News, Aug. 22, 1999.
- Bonnie Eksten, "Ocean Broadcasting, Sea-Comm Stations Sold to NextMedia - New Owner to Operate Locally," Star-News, July 14, 2004.
- http://www.wral.com/business/story/3215727/, Retrieved on 2008/09/22.
- "Soft AC Breeze Launches In Wilmington - RadioInsight". RadioInsight. 2018-06-05. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- Station website
- WKXB in the FCC's FM station database
- WKXB on Radio-Locator
- WKXB in Nielsen Audio's FM station database