|Branding||Telemundo 31 (general)|
Telenoticias 31 (newscasts)
Digital: 31 (
Virtual: 31 ( PSIP)
WRDQ-DT 27.3 (31.2 UHF) Orlando|
WKME-CD 15 (UHF) Kissimmee
WMVJ-CD 29 (UHF) Melbourne
31.4: LXTV (soon)
Telemundo Station Group|
(a subsidiary of NBCUniversal)
|Licensee||NBC Telemundo License LLC|
|Call sign meaning||TeleMundo Orlando|
|Transmitter power||15 kW|
|Height||125.4 m (411 ft)|
|Public license information||
WTMO-CD, virtual and UHF digital channel 31, is a low-powered, Class A Telemundo owned-and-operated television station licensed to Orlando, Florida, United States. The station is owned by the Telemundo Station Group subsidiary of NBCUniversal (itself a subsidiary of Comcast).  WTMO-CD's transmitter is located on Lake Sparling Road in Pine Hills.
WTMO-CD is simulcast on the third digital subchannel of independent station WRDQ (channel 27, owned by Cox Media Group), as well as on translators WKME-CD (channel 15) in Kissimmee, and WMVJ-CD (channel 29) in Melbourne.
Until February 9, 2007, WTMO's primary signal (as WTMO-LP) was the WKME transmitter. Until early 2006 at the latest, it was located on channel 40, but moved to channel 15 shortly before WACX signed on its digital signal on channel 40. Based in Kissimmee, this signal is far enough away with a directional pattern towards Kissimmee, so it would not interfere with WCEU (now WDSC-TV), which also broadcasts on channel 15. As a result, channel 15's coverage area only covers Kissimmee, forcing WTMO to reach the rest of the Orlando area via cable. In late 2006, ZGS acquired WDYB, WMVJ, and the channel 31 license (then WPXG-LP) from Tiger Eye Broadcasting to expand WTMO's over-the-air reach.  The station began broadcasting in digital on RF channel 31 on 10 August 2011.
The station's digital signal is multiplexed:
|Channel||Video||Aspect||PSIP Short Name||Programming |
|31.1||1080i||16:9||WTMO CD||Main WTMO-CD programming / Telemundo|
WTMO produces its own 5, 5:30, 6 and 11 p.m. newscasts every weeknight known as Telenoticias 31.
- "NBCU Buying 13 Telemundo Affils From ZGS". www.tvnewscheck.com. Retrieved 2018-01-04.
- "ZGS Communications acquires new TV stations". HispanicAd.com. 2006-11-20. Retrieved 2006-12-02.
- Miller, Mark K. (December 4, 2017). "NBCU Adding ZGS Stations To Telemundo". TVNewsCheck. Retrieved December 4, 2017.
- "Telemundo Completes Acquisition of ZGS Communications". www.adweek.com. Retrieved 2018-02-17.
- Digital TV Market Listing for WTMO-CD RabbitEars.Info. Retrieved March 31, 2017.
- Official website
- Query the FCC's TV station database for WTMO
- Query the FCC's TV station database for WKME
- Query the FCC's TV station database for WDYB
- Query the FCC's TV station database for WMVJ
|This Telemundo article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a television station in Florida is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|