Rainbow Court, June 2010 (Three story building was non-contributing)
|Location||405 Flagg St., Myrtle Beach, South Carolina|
Latitude and Longitude:
|Area||less than one acre|
|MPS||Myrtle Beach MPS|
|NRHP reference No.||96001221 |
|Added to NRHP||November 7, 1996|
Rainbow Court was a historic hotel complex located at Myrtle Beach in Horry County, South Carolina.  The complex of buildings ranged in dates of construction from 1935 to 1959. The complex included: two motel-type buildings, five beach cottages/ boarding houses, and a small house. The buildings were situated around an open court with a swimming pool. There were six contributing buildings. It was one of the few remaining examples of the small-scale, low-rise motels that pre-dated Hurricane Hazel (1954). 
With development planned for the area, including a parking garage and police station at the Rainbow Court location, demolition was planned as of June 2016. Several area motels were abandoned and attracting vagrants. The city and the Myrtle Beach Downtown Redevelopment Corporation had made $10 million available for improvements.  
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. March 13, 2009.
- "Cleaning up downtown Myrtle Beach: City takes aim at 'chronic problem' motels". The Sun News. October 26, 2018.
- Hardisson, Lillian (September 1995). "Rainbow Court" (PDF). National Register of Historic Places - Nomination and Inventory. Retrieved 21 July 2012.
- "South Carolina Department of Archives and History". National Register Properties in South Carolina: Rainbow Court Hotel, Horry County (405 Flagg St., Myrtle Beach), including five photos. South Carolina Department of Archives and History. 2010-06-21.
- Lalonde, Lucas (2016-06-07). "Myrtle Beach paying to tear down vacant motels and make room for new developments". WBTW. Retrieved 2017-11-08.
- Helline, Meredith (2017-01-27). "Myrtle Beach demolition projects seek bigger goal than clearing land". WMBF. Retrieved 2017-11-08.
- Rainbow Court - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina - U.S. National Register of Historic Places on Waymarking.com
|This article about a property in Horry County, South Carolina on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|