|Location||Manatee County, Florida|
Latitude and Longitude:
|UN/LOCODE||US MEE |
|Opened||August 7, 1970|
|Operated by||Manatee County Port Authority|
|Owned by||Manatee County|
|Type of harbor||Natural/Artificial|
|Size||1,100 acres (4.5 km2)|
|Available berths||10 |
|Draft depth||40 ft. |
|Executive director||Carlos Buqueras|
|Annual cargo tonnage||8 million|
|Annual revenue||$2.3 billion |
Port Manatee is a county-owned deepwater seaport located in the eastern Gulf of Mexico at the entrance to Tampa Bay in northern Manatee County, Florida. It is one of Florida's largest deepwater seaports and also regarded as the closest U.S. deepwater seaport to the Panama Canal.   The port handles a variety of bulk, breakbulk, containerized, and heavy-lift project cargoes.
Manatee County bought 357 acres (144 ha) in 1965 to launch a Barge Port and Industrial Port. The Florida Legislature established the Manatee County Port Authority (MCPA) which is the governing body for the port, in the same year.  During the early 2000's Regal Cruises sailed from Port Manatee to the Western Caribbean using the MS Regal Empress. They ceased operations in 2003 and no cruise line has used the Port since then.
Port Manatee handles approximately 8 million tons of cargo each year. 
- Tropical fruits and vegetables
- Citrus juices and beverages
- Forestry products
- Refined petroleum products
- Finished phosphate fertilizers
- Non-ferrous metals
- Cement and cement clinker
- Project cargo such as power plant and bridge components, heavy machinery and over-sized vehicles
- Finished phosphate products
- Citrus Juices
- Construction and road building equipment
- Used vehicles
- LNG Heat Exchangers
- Power Generation Units
- "UNLOCODE (US) - UNITED STATES". service.unece.org. Retrieved September 23, 2020.
- "History - Port Manatee". Manatee County Port Authority. Retrieved April 18, 2018.
- "Port of Port Manatee, U.S.A." www.findaport.com. Shipping Guides Ltd. Retrieved September 23, 2020.
- "Port Facts - Port Manatee". Manatee County Port Authority. Retrieved April 18, 2018.
- "About Us - Port Manatee". Manatee County Port Authority. Archived from the original on October 15, 2006. Retrieved April 18, 2018.
- Moore Jr, Michael (December 23, 2019). "Manatee County Port Authority elects Commissioner Priscilla Whisenant Trace as chairwoman". Sarasota Herald-Tribune. Retrieved January 3, 2020.
|This article related to ports, harbors or marinas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|