Our Great Virginia
Regional anthem of Virginia
|Music||Unknown, arranged by Jim Papoulis|
|Adopted||1 July 2015|
|Preceded by||" Carry Me Back to Old Virginny"|
It was adopted unanimously by the Virginia Senate as the official state song of Virginia in early July 2015.  Sung to the traditional tune " Oh Shenandoah," with music arranged by Jim Papoulis, its lyrics were written by Mike Greenly. 
- You'll always be our great Virginia.
- You're the birthplace of the nation:
- Where history was changed forever.
- Today, your glory stays, as we build tomorrow.
- I fill with pride at all you give us—
- Rolling hills, majestic mountains,
- From the Shenandoah to the Atlantic,
- Rivers wide and forests tall, all in one Virginia.
- For each of us here in Virginia,
- From farm to city dweller,
- All of us, we stand together.
- We're yours, we all are yours—
- Across our great Virginia.
- You'll always be our great Virginia. 
- Associated Press. "New Virginia laws set to take effect Wednesday". WSLS-TV. Retrieved 8 July 2015.
- "Our Great Virginia. Virginia State Song,Traditional". State Symbols USA. Retrieved 30 May 2019.
|This Virginia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|