|President of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors|
|Assumed office |
January 9, 2019
|Preceded by||Malia Cohen|
|Member of the|
San Francisco Board of Supervisors
from District 7
|Assumed office |
January 8, 2013
|Preceded by||Sean Elsbernd|
|Born||July 29, 1949|
San Francisco, California, U.S.
|Residence||San Francisco, California|
University of California, Berkeley (
San Francisco State University ( MA)
Board of Supervisors|
District 7 website
|Chinese||余 鼎 昂|
Norman Yee ( Chinese: 余鼎昂; pinyin: Yú Dǐng-áng, born July 29, 1949) is an American elected official in San Francisco, California. He has served as a member of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors representing Supervisorial District 7 since 2012 and was elected president of the Board in January 2019. 
Yee was born in Chinatown, San Francisco and grew up working at his parents' grocery store in Noe Valley, San Francisco. As a child, he had a speech impediment and would often get into fights when teased. 
Yee attended Galileo Academy of Science and Technology. From there, he attended City College of San Francisco from 1967 to 1971. He later transferred to University of California, Berkeley, where he received his bachelor's degree in civil engineering and subsequently completed a master's degree in education from San Francisco State University.   
Yee began his political career in 2004 by serving as a commissioner for the San Francisco Board of Education and was re-elected in 2008. During his second term, he served as president of the Board of Education.
One of Yee's key issues has been education. In 2018, he co-authored a universal child care proposition which passed as Prop C.. 
In 2019, Yee was elected as president of the Board of Supervisors by a vote of 10-1. 
Yee is married to Cathy Chung, an ESL teacher at City College's Chinatown campus. They have two daughters. 
- Thadani, Trisha (January 8, 2019). "Norman Yee elected president of SF Board of Supervisors amid some public dissent". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 15 April 2020.
- Eskenazi, Joe (21 January 2019). "The weaker people think Norman Yee is, the stronger he becomes". Mission Local. Retrieved 15 April 2020.
- Loarca, Ellie (5 December 2012). "Norman Yee named District 7 supervisor after close race". Golden Gate Xpress. Retrieved 15 April 2020.
- Horowitz, David (2016). "Yee-Haw: Former City College student and teacher re-elected to board of supervisors". etc Magazine. No. Fall 2016.
- Howard, Amy L. (1 May 2014). More Than Shelter: Activism and Community in San Francisco Public Housing. University of Minnesota Press. pp. Ch 4, Ref 124. Retrieved 15 April 2020.
- Lagos, Marisa (25 December 2012). "'Role player' Norman Yee off to SF board". SFGate. Retrieved 15 April 2020.
- Aleaziz, Hamed (7 June 2018). "SF Prop C.: child-care tax still not decided". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 15 April 2020.
- Bishari, Nuala Sawyer (8 Jan 2019). "Norman Yee Elected Board President After Contentious Vote". SF Weekly. Retrieved 15 April 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Norman Yee.|
|This article about a California politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|