Nevada Department of Cultural Affairs
The Department of Cultural Affairs headquarters was located in Carson City, Nevada.
The Department was eliminated by the legislature for budgetary reasons in 2011, and its components were moved to other departments.  The Nevada Arts Council and the Division of Museums and History were moved into the newly established Department of Tourism and Cultural Affairs, while the Nevada State Library and Archives was moved to the Department of Administration, and the Nevada State Historic Preservation Office became part of the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources.  
The Division of Museums and History operates 6 facilities with one in development. 
- East Ely Railroad Depot
- Lost City Museum, Overton
- Nevada Historical Society, Reno
- Nevada State Museum, Las Vegas
- Nevada State Museum, Carson City
- Nevada State Railroad Museum, Carson City
- Nevada State Railroad Museum, Boulder City
- Audit Report (PDF) (Report). Nevada Department of Cultural Affairs Director's Office. August 15, 2005. p. 1. Retrieved 2016-06-15.
- "Chapter 189". 2001 Statutes of Nevada. May 28, 2001. Retrieved 2016-06-15.
- David McGrath Schwartz (September 23, 2011). "Cultural Affairs Department going into 'foster care'". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved 2016-06-14.
- "Chapter 479". 2011 Statutes of Nevada. June 16, 2011. Retrieved 2016-06-15.
- "Division of Museums and History". Nevada. Archived from the original on 2008-08-22. Retrieved 2008-09-22.