Mindscar performing live at the Whisky A Go Go in Hollywood, CA, 2013.
|Origin||Orlando, Florida, United States|
|Genres||Technical death metal, progressive metal, black metal (early)|
|Years active||1998–2002, 2013-present|
|Associated acts||Trivium, Nader Sadek|
Mindscar is an American heavy metal band from Orlando, Florida, founded in 1998. The band is led by guitarist/vocalist Richie Brown who has played with Trivium and Nader Sadek. Mindscar has toured with acts such as Vader and Vital Remains.
Mindscar was originally formed by Richie Brown (vocals/guitar) and Mike Radford (drums) in 1998. In 2001, the band made a powerful impact throughout the Central Florida region performing numerous gigs, self-releasing demos & EPs, a television performance, international airplay and publicity.   In 2002, Matt Heafy of Trivium joined the band on guitar and backup vocals.  After internal issues due to the age of its band members, Mindscar was unable to tour and the band disbanded for an entire decade. 
In 2012, Richie Brown and Mike Radford reunited in a recording studio to track 'Thornz Ov Ill Lechery' and 'Blind Masses'. The two tracks led to irrefutable performing and touring opportunities.  Richie decided to resurrect the band in March 2013 and the first live performance in over a decade took place alongside Massacre in Tampa, Florida at the Brass Mug.  Soon after Mindscar embarked on their first tour supporting Vader and Vital Remains on the Back To The Black US Tour 2013. 
In 2014, Mindscar began tracking their debut full-length album titled "Kill The King". After embarking on the Southern Scorcher US Tour 2014 with Infinite Earths, Richie asked Terran Fernandez (the bassist from Infinite Earths) to join Mindscar. Terran has since become an essential part of the band. Matt Heafy contributed clean vocals for a few songs and a guitar solo for a song called "Asmodeus" that was premiered on Metal Injection in September 2014. 
Mindscar independently released "Kill The King" on January 8, 2015  followed by a sold out hometown show with Andrew W.K.,  a headline show in San Juan, Puerto Rico and a US tour with Ulcer. After returning home from this tour, Mike Radford left the band for personal reasons and passed the torch to long time friend and drum extraordinaire Robbie Young (Nailshitter/Double Veteran).  Shortly after Robbie joined the band, Mindscar completed their most successful tour to date: Golden Gods of Death US Tour 2015. 
- Studio albums
|2015||Kill The King
- "Mindscar Biography". Goodandplentyradio.com. Good N Plenty Radio. Retrieved 5 October 2016.
- "Mindscar : Metal Amino". Aminoapps.com. Metal Amino. Retrieved 28 May 2016.
- "Check out Matt Heafy from Trivium's old black metal band, Mindscar". Metalsucks.net. Metal Sucks. Retrieved 12 April 2012.
- "Mindscar - Kill The King". Teethofthedivine.com. Teeth of the Divine. Retrieved 3 June 2015.
- "Mindscar from Orlando". Artisttrove.com. ArtistTrove. Retrieved 5 October 2016.
- "Mindscar streaming "God's Creation" track online". Metalunderground.com. Metal Underground. Retrieved 5 October 2016.
- "Mindscar confirmed to join final leg of Vader's Back To The Black US Tour". Bravewords.com. Bravewords.com. Retrieved 25 July 2013.
- "Orlando's Mindscar get Trivium's Matt Heafy to contribute some high-pitched vocals to new track". Metalinjection.com. Metal Injection. Retrieved 25 September 2014.
- "Review: Mindscar - Kill The King". Lambgoat.com. Lambgoat. Retrieved 11 May 2015.
- "Andrew W.K., Mindscar, Gut Ruckus". Orlandoweekly.com. Orlando Weekly. Retrieved 5 October 2016.
- "Mindscar recruits new drummer Robbie Young". Dailyheavymetalnews.com. Daily Heavy Metal News. Retrieved 3 August 2015.
- "Albuquerque's The Armory welcomes Mindscar". Axs.com. AXS. Retrieved 19 November 2015.