List of newspapers in Georgia (U.S. state)
|Title||Locale||Year est.||Frequency||Publisher/parent company||Notes|
|Albany Herald||Albany||Sunday - Friday||Southern Community Newspapers, Inc. (SCNI)||Newspaper in Albany, Georgia, United States, and serves as the county's official legal organ.|
|Athens Banner-Herald ||Athens||Daily||Morris Communications Company |
|Atkinson County Citizen||Atkinson||Weekly|
|Atlanta Daily World||Atlanta||Weekly|
|Atlanta Journal-Constitution||Atlanta||1868 ||Daily ||Began as Constitution in 1868; merged with Journal in 2001 to form Journal-Constitution|
|Augusta Chronicle ||Augusta||1785 ||Daily||Morris Communications Company ||Began as Augusta Gazette in 1785|
|Bryan County News||Fitzgerald||Weekly|
|Calhoun Times||Calhoun||1870||Weekly||Times Journal Inc.|
|Catoosa County News||Ringgold||Weekly|
|Charlton County Herald||Folkston||Weekly|
|Cherokee Tribune & Ledger||Canton||Daily|
|Clayton News||Jonesboro||1950||Wednesday||Southern Community Newspapers, Inc. (SCNI)||Published once a week newspaper in Clayton County, Georgia, United States, and serves as the county's official legal organ.|
|Clayton Tribune||Clayton, Georgia||Weekly|
|Clinch County News||Homerville||Weekly|
|Coastal Courier||Hinesville, Georgia||Weekly|
|Colonnade||Georgia College & State University, Milledgeville||Weekly|
|Cordele Dispatch||Cordele||Tuesdays-Fridays & Sundays|
|Covington News||Covington||Wednesday, Friday & Sunday|
|CrossRoadsNews||South DeKalb/East Metro Atlanta||Weekly|
|Dahlonega Nugget||Dahlonega||1890||Weekly||Community Newspapers Holdings Inc.|
|Daily Citizen||Dalton||Daily||Community Newspaper Holdings, Inc. |
|Daily Tribune News||Cartersville||Daily|
|Dawson County News||Dawsonville||Weekly|
|Dodge County News||Eastman||Weekly|
|Dunwoody Crier||Alpharetta||Weekly||Appen Media Group|
|Early County News||Blakely|
|Fannin Sentinel||Blue Ridge||Weekly|
|Forsyth County News||Wed/Fri/Sun|
|Franklin County Citizen-Leader||Lavonia||Weekly|
|Fulton County Daily Report ||Atlanta|
|Georgia Fire News||Georgia|
|Gwinnett Daily Post||Lawrenceville||Wednesday, Friday & Sunday||Southern Community Newspapers, Inc. (SCNI)||Newspaper in Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States, and serves as the county's official legal organ.|
|Henry Herald||McDonough||1847||Wednesday, Saturday/Sunday||Southern Community Newspapers, Inc. (SCNI)||Henry County’s News Source Since 1874. Published twice weekly newspaper in McDonough, Georgia, United States, and serves as the county's official legal organ.|
|Houston Home Journal||Perry||Weekly|
|Jackson Herald||Jefferson||Weekly||MainStreet Newspapers Inc.|
|Jackson Progress-Argus||Jackson||Wednesday||Southern Community Newspapers, Inc. (SCNI)||Newspaper in Jonesboro, Georgia, United States, and serves as the county's official legal organ.|
|Jeff Davis Ledger||Hazlehurst||Weekly|
|Jones County News||Gray||1895||Weekly|
|LaGrange Daily News||LaGrange|
|Lake Oconee Breeze||Milledgeville||Weekly|
|Lanier County News||Lakeland||Weekly|
|Ledger-Enquirer ||Columbus||1828 ||Daily||McClatchy Company ||Began as Columbus Enquirer in 1828, became daily Ledger-Enquirer in 1988|
|Marietta Daily Journal||Marietta|
|Miller County Liberal||Colquitt|
|Morgan County Citizen||Madison|
|Moultrie Observer||Moultrie||Community Newspaper Holdings, Inc. |
|News Reporter||Washington||Daily||Independent||Merger of The Washington News and The Washington Reporter|
|Northeast Georgian||Cornelia||Weekly||Community Newspapers Inc.|
|Quitman Free Press||Quitman||Weekly|
|Red and Black||University of Georgia, Athens||Weekly|
|Rockdale-Newton Citizen||Conyers||Wednesday & Sunday||Southern Community Newspapers, Inc. (SCNI)||Newspaper in Conyers, Georgia, United States, and serves as Rockdale county's official legal organ.|
|Savannah Morning News ||Savannah||1850 ||Daily||Morris Communications Company |
|Technique||Georgia Tech, Atlanta||Weekly|
|Telegraph ||Macon||Daily||McClatchy Company |
|Thomasville Times-Enterprise||Thomasville||Daily||Community Newspaper Holdings, Inc. |
|Tifton Gazette||Tifton||Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays||Community Newspaper Holdings, Inc. |
|Times-Courier||Ellijay||1875||Weekly||Times-Courier Publishing Co.|
|Toccoa Record||Toccoa||1873 ||Weekly||Community Newspaper Holdings, Inc. |
|Tribune and Georgian||St. Marys||Weekly|
|Union Recorder||Milledgeville||Daily||Community Newspaper Holdings, Inc. |
|Valdosta Daily Times||Valdosta||Daily||Community Newspaper Holdings, Inc. |
|Waycross Journal Herald||Waycross||Daily|
|Wheeler County Eagle||Alamo|
|Today News Africa||Georgia||2014||Daily||TNA, LLC||African-American online and Newspaper|
- Newspapers published in 18th-century Augusta, Georgia
- Augusta Herald. W., July 17, 1799-Dec. 31, 1800+ 
- Georgia. The Augusta Chronicle And Gazette Of The State. W., Apr. 11, 1789-Dec. 27, 1800+  
- The Georgia State Gazette, Or, Independent Register. W., Sept. 30, 1786-Apr. 11, 1789. 
- Southern Centinel And Gazette Of The State. W., Dec. 5, 1793-Nov. 7, 1799. 
- Newspapers published in 18th-century Savannah, Georgia
- Columbian Museum & Savannah Advertiser. S.W., Mar. 4, 1796-Dec. 29, 1800+ 
- The Gazette Of The State Of Georgia. W., Jan. 30, 1783-Oct. 16, 1788. 
- The Georgia Gazette. W., Apr. 7, 1763-Feb. 7, 1776.  
- Georgia Gazette. W., Oct. 23, 1788-Dec. 25, 1800+ 
- The Royal Georgia Gazette. W., Jan. 21, 1779-June 6, 1782. 
|Atlanta Georgian||Atlanta||1906 ||1939 |
|Atlanta Southern Confederacy|
|Colored American||Augusta||1865 |
|Columbus Messenger||Columbus||1887 |
|Great Speckled Bird||Atlanta|
|Milledgeville Federal Union||Milledgeville||Was being published in 1835.|
- Georgia media
- Category:Journalists from Georgia (U.S. state)
- University of Georgia Henry W. Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication, in Athens
- Literature of Georgia (U.S. state)
- Fake news websites in the United States
- "Newspaper Directory". Atlanta: Georgia Press Association. Retrieved March 19, 2017.
- "Daily Newspapers". Augusta, Georgia: Morris Communications Company. Retrieved March 27, 2017.
"Southern Press". The South in the Building of the Nation. 7. Richmond, VA: Southern Historical Publication Society. 1909. pp. 402–436.
Date of establishment of leading Southern newspapers
- "U.S. Daily Newspapers, 2012". World Almanac and Book of Facts 2014. USA: World Almanac Books. ISSN 0084-1382. via Google Books
- Community Newspaper Holdings, Inc., Locations: Georgia, Montgomery, Alabama, retrieved March 27, 2017
- "Our Markets". Sacramento, California: McClatchy Company. Retrieved March 26, 2017.
- "About Us". The Toccoa Record. Community Newspapers. Retrieved 17 April 2018.
- "Eighteenth-Century American Newspapers in the Library of Congress: Georgia". Library of Congress. Retrieved 2010-10-23.
- Van Ness Ingram, John (1912). A Check List of American Eighteenth Century Newspapers in the Library of Congress. U.S. Government Printing Office. Retrieved 2010-10-23.
- Thomas, Isaiah (1874). History of printing in America, 2nd ed. Retrieved 2010-10-23.
- "US Newspaper Directory: Georgia". Chronicling America. Washington DC: Library of Congress. Retrieved March 24, 2017.
- Irvine Garland Penn (1891). The Afro-American Press and Its Editors. Massachusetts: Willey and Co.
- S. N. D. North; United States Department of the Interior (1884). "Catalogue of Periodical Publications: Georgia". History and Present Condition of the Newspaper and Periodical Press of the United States. Washington, D.C.: Government Printing Office. p. 214+. OCLC 1850475. (+ List of titles 50+ years old)
- James T. Haley, ed. (1895), "Newspapers: Georgia", Afro-American Encyclopaedia, Nashville: Haley & Florida, OCLC 219597043
- "Georgia". American Newspaper Directory. New York: George P. Rowell. 1900. pp. 121+.
- "Georgia". American Newspaper Annual & Directory. Philadelphia: N. W. Ayer & Son. 1922. pp. 161+ – via HathiTrust.
- Raybun Lee Brantley (1929), Georgia Journalism of the Civil War Period, Nashville: George Peabody College for Teachers, OCLC 2590417
- Federal Writers' Project (1940), "Press and Radio", Georgia: a Guide to Its Towns and Countryside, American Guide Series, Athens: University of Georgia Press, pp. 110–116, ISBN 9781603540100 – via Google Books
- Thomas D. Clark (1948). Southern Country Editor. Bobbs-Merrill. OCLC 525858. (Includes information about weekly rural newspapers in Georgia)
- Louis Turner Griffith; John Erwin Talmadge (1951). Georgia Journalism, 1763-1950. University of Georgia Press. OCLC 1405638.
- Millard B. Grimes (1985). The Last Linotype: The Story of Georgia and Its Newspapers Since World War II. Mercer University Press. ISBN 978-0-86554-190-0.
- Cal M. Logue; et al. (1998). "Press under Pressure. How Georgia's Newspapers Responded to Civil War Constraints". American Journalism. 15.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Newspapers of Georgia (U.S. state).|
- "Georgia Newspaper Project". Digital Library of Georgia. University System of Georgia. (Digitized issues of historical newspapers)
- "Georgia Newspapers". University of Georgia Libraries. ( Subject guide)
- "Topics: Media: Newspapers", New Georgia Encyclopedia, Georgia Humanities Council. (Includes "Editors & Owners," "Writers & Cartoonists")
- "News: Newspapers: Regional: United States: Georgia". DMOZ. AOL. (Directory ceased in 2017)
- Debra Reddin van Tuyll, "Nineteenth-Century Georgia Newspapers", New Georgia Encyclopedia, Georgia Humanities Council
"Georgia Newspapers". Historical U.S. Newspapers Online. Library Guides. Ohio:
Bowling Green State University.
Newspapers that are freely available on the Internet
- "Southeast". Historical African American Newspapers Available Online. Subject Guides. Poughkeepsie, NY: Marist College Library. (Includes Georgia newspapers)
- "Georgia". N-Net: the Newspaper Network on the World Wide Web. Archived from the original on February 15, 1997.
- "Georgia Newspapers". AJR News Link. American Journalism Review. Archived from the original on November 16, 1999.
- "Georgia". Home Town News. Dallas, TX: Hardscrabble Communications. Archived from the original on November 28, 1999.
- "United States: Georgia". NewsDirectory.com. Toronto: Tucows Inc. Archived from the original on November 20, 2001.
- International Coalition on Newspapers. "Newspaper Digitization Projects: United States: Georgia". Chicago: Center for Research Libraries.
- University of Florida. "Georgia". NewspaperCat: Catalog of Digital Historical Newspapers. Gainesville.