Jones College Prep High School
|Jones College Prep High School|
700 S. State Street
Latitude and Longitude:
|School type||Public Secondary Magnet|
|School district||Chicago Public Schools|
|CEEB code||140905 |
|Principal||Paul J. Powers|
|Athletics conference||Chicago Public League|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools |
William Jones College Preparatory High School (commonly known as Jones College Prep) is a public four year selective enrollment high school located in the Printer's Row neighborhood located in downtown Chicago, Illinois, United States. Jones is operated by the Chicago Public Schools district. Jones was named one of “America’s Best High Schools” for 2010 by Newsweek magazine. The school was formerly known as Jones Metropolitan High School of Business and Commerce, Jones Commercial High School, and Jones Academic Magnet. It adopted its current name and focus on college preparatory education in 1998. 
Jones competes in the Chicago Public League (CPL) and is a member of the Illinois High School Association (IHSA).  For gym and field athletics, Jones used the former Near North High School building located at 1450 N. Larrabee Avenue from its closing in 2001 until Jones new building opened in 2014.  In 2012, Jones' boys cross country team won the IHSA 2A state title. 
In 2007, Jones College Prep was awarded a Gold Medal from U.S. News & World Report in their issue of the top 100 high schools in the nation based on college readiness, and in 2006 received the Blue Ribbon award from the Department of Education.   Jones was recognized as one of “America’s Best High Schools” by U.S. News & World Report and was ranked in the top 100 high schools in 2010. Jones ranked in the “Top 10” among Illinois public high schools on the PSAE state assessment (2008 and 2009). 
- "High School Code Search". College Board. Retrieved 9 October 2013.
- "Institution Summary for William Jones College Preparatory High School". AdvancED profile. North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement. Retrieved 9 October 2013.
- History Archived 2013-04-07 at the Wayback Machine. Jones College Prep.
- IHSA Chicago(Jones)
- Jones College Prep: Athletics Archived 2012-09-19 at the Wayback Machine
- Boys state cross-country | York, Jones take team titles
- Best High Schools Rankings | Top High Schools | US News
- Jones College Prep Archived 2011-09-28 at the Wayback Machine
- "CMJ 2012 Artist Q&A: Chance The Rapper". Archived from the original on 2012-10-25. Retrieved 2013-05-03.