Jones & Bartlett Learning
The neutrality of this article is disputed. (September 2012) ( Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Parent company||Ascend Learning |
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||Burlington, Massachusetts |
|Nonfiction topics||Educational & Professional Publishing|
|Revenue||US$84 million (2007) |
Jones & Bartlett Learning, a division of Ascend Learning,  is a provider of instructional, assessment and learning-performance management solutions[ buzzword] for the secondary, post-secondary, and professional markets. The name comes from Donald W. Jones, the company's founder, and Arthur Bartlett, the first editor.[ citation needed]
Founded by Donald W. Jones and Arthur Bartlett in 1983, the original editorial office was located in Woods Hole, Massachusetts,  and the company's corporate logo is the local Nobska lighthouse.[ citation needed] In 1986, Jones and Bartlett acquired the Wadsworth Health Sciences publishing program from The Thomson Corporation, which moved the company into nursing and health sciences.[ citation needed]
In 1988, the company was named by New England Business Magazine as one of the 100 fastest-growing companies in New England.[ citation needed] In 1989, they opened their first office in London. In 1993, they opened an office in Singapore, and an office in Toronto in 1994.[ citation needed] Their corporate headquarters moved to Sudbury, Massachusetts in 1995.  In 2011, Jones & Bartlett Learning moved its offices in Sudbury and Maynard, Massachusetts to Burlington, Massachusetts, sharing a building with other Ascend Learning corporate offices. 
- "Jones & Bartlett Learning". Ascend Learning. Archived from the original on 1 January 2015. Retrieved 1 January 2015.
- "Company Overview". Jones & Barlett Learning. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- "Our Brands". Jones & Bartlett Learning. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- "Industry ranking". Jones and Bartlett. Archived from the original on 2 May 2007.
- "Jones & Bartlett Learning expands into new office space in Burlington". Jones & Bartlett Learning. 12 July 2011. Retrieved 20 March 2015.