Horizon West, Florida
Horizon West, Florida
Latitude and Longitude:
|• Total||38.1 sq mi (98.6 km2)|
|• Land||32.9 sq mi (85.3 km2)|
|• Water||5.1 sq mi (13.3 km2)|
|Elevation||125 ft (38 m)|
|• Density||370/sq mi (140/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 ( Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer ( DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|Area code(s)||407, 689|
|FIPS code||12-32610 |
Horizon West, located in southwest Orange County, includes five mixed-use villages surrounded by greenbelts, as well as a Town Center. The concept was adopted in 1995 by Orange County.  As of 2017, Horizon West can be considered one of the fast growing master-planned communities nationwide. 
Horizon West is a census-designated place and unincorporated area in Orange County, Florida, United States. The population was 14,000 at the 2010 census.  It is part of the Orlando–Kissimmee–Sanford, Florida Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Horizon West is located in southwestern Orange County, directly north of Walt Disney World Resort. It was a newly defined area as of the 2010 census. State Road 429, the Daniel Webster Western Beltway, runs through the CDP, connecting Ocoee to the north with Four Corners and Interstate 4 to the south.[ citation needed]
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 38.1 square miles (98.6 km2), of which 32.9 square miles (85.3 km2) is land and 5.1 square miles (13.3 km2), or 13.50%, is water. 
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2020-02-12. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Myers, Steve. "Horizon West Special Planning Area". Orange County Government.
- Candelaria, Michael (June 25, 2017). "Horizon West community sets pace for fastest growth". Retrieved August 21, 2017.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Horizon West CDP, Florida". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on February 12, 2020. Retrieved September 24, 2012.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Clarcona CDP, Florida". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on February 12, 2020. Retrieved September 21, 2012.