|Sports commentary career|
|Team(s)||IOC, USOC, USATF (AAU/TAC), NCAA|
|Genre(s)||Public Address Announcer, Writer, Official|
|Sports||Track and Field|
C. Frank Zarnowski (born April 14, 1943) is an American author, historian, coach, TV commentator, statistician and award-winning public address announcer for track and field events, specializing in the decathlon.    Since 1970, Zarnowski has coached and announced at national track and field championships. On five different occasions between 1975 and 2012, he was the public address announcer when the decathlon world record was set. In addition to publishing the weekly DECA Newsletter, Zarnowski's non-profit website, DECA: The Decathlon Association, is a resource for both the history, rules, and background of the decathlon, as well as up-to-date results from recent events.  Several of Zarnowski's books on track and field have been nominated for national awards, including Olympic Glory Denied, and All-Around Men: Heroes of a Forgotten Sport.  As a highly-regarded authority on the decathlon, Zarnowski also provides expert commentary on the event in print and online media.     Zarnowski was professor of economics at Mount St. Mary's University from 1967-2008 and has held the same position at Dartmouth College since 2002.  He has coached track and field, as well as cross country, at Lehigh University and Mount St. Mary's University. 
Zarnowski was inducted into the National Track and Field Hall of Fame in November 2016. 
- Gilbert, Bil (May 7, 1979). "He's Every Inch a Decathnut". Sports Illustrated.
- Mercer, Dickson (October 23, 2005). "Ten events, two days, one winner". Frederick News Post. Retrieved March 11, 2020.
- "TAFWA Annual Award Winners Released". Runner Space. June 14, 2013.
- "Frank Zarnowski - USA T&F Hall of Fame Bio". USA Track & Field.
- books can be found listed with publishers: Human Kinetics, Griffin, McFarland, Scarecrow Press, DECA The Decathlon Association
- Patrick, Dick (May 7, 2009). "High school decathlete top class in some events". USA Today.
- Weintraub, Robert (Aug 20, 2008). "Remember When Decathletes Were Cool?". Slate.
- Rosen, Karen (June 21, 2012). "Decathlon buzz bubbles". USA Today.
- Layden, Tim (July 4, 2016). "An American Hero". Sports Illustrated.
- "Frank Zarnowski - Dartmouth Staff Directory". Dartmouth College Economics.
- Pendak, Jared (October 24, 2016). "The Voice of the Oval: Dartmouth Professor Bound for USATF Hall of Fame". Valley News. Retrieved March 11, 2020.
- Cannon, John (Mar 21, 2017). "Decathlon expert, former Mount St. Mary's coach and professor inducted into track and field hall of fame". The Frederick News-Post.
- "ZARNOWSKI, Frank 1943-". Contemporary Authors. Gale.