Fernley High School
|Fernley High School|
|School type||Public, High School|
|School district||Lyon County School District|
|Number of students||1,007  (2016-2017)|
Fernley High School (also known as FHS or just Fernley School) is a coeducational, four-year secondary school located in Fernley, Nevada, United States, east of the Reno–Sparks metropolitan area. It is the largest high school in the Lyon County School District.  The school participates in a joint enrollment program with Western Nevada College that allows some students to earn an associates degree in addition to a high school diploma.   As of 2015, it was the highest performing school in this joint enrollment program, known as "Jump Start."  The student population as of the 2018-2019 school year was 1,096, and the school has drawn hundreds of international students since 1990s.  
This section does not cite any sources. (June 2019) ( Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Fernley School was founded in 1928. It was originally located on the block now occupied by the In-Town Park near the old downtown area between US 95A and Center Street. The old buildings were demolished in the early 1960s. Prior to 1980, the high school was located at what is now the Fernley Intermediate School on Hardie Lane. The current building is located off US 95A on the south side of town, near the former home of Amazon.com which has relocated within Greater Reno.
Since the late 1970s, the new campus of Fernley High School has built a wide range of academic facilities, library, laboratories, centers for architecture, engineering, computer/information systems & vocational, as well as considerable number of sport facilities & programs, including football stadium, baseball field, track and field ( athletics), indoor basketball arena, gymnasium, fitness center, winter sports and golf programs, etc. It has a student meal program, dining hall and catering facilities. It is currently dealing with overcrowding, rapid growth, and improving campus facilities. 
Alumni & people affiliated with Fernley School include:
- Cameron McVicar Batjer, Nevada Supreme Court, Associate Justice, football & basketball coach
- Ivan Lin, Microsoft executive, Hollywood executive producer 
- Tyler Roemer, NCAA football athlete, San Diego Aztecs offensive lineman 
- "Search for Public Schools - Fernley High School (320030000176)". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 20 June 2019.
- WNC to Hold Jump Start Informational Nights at Area High Schools, Western Nevada College, accessed 20 June 2019
- Record 89 Jump Start Students Graduate from WNC, Western Nevada College, 22 May 2017, accessed 20 June 2019.
- Student Success Motivates New Counseling Director, Western Nevada College, accessed 20 June 2019.
- Welcome to Fernley High School Archived April 11, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- High schools: Northern Region playoff football scores, Reno Gazette Journal, 9 November 2017, accessed 20 June 2019.
- The Upward Bound Programs celebrate 50 years at the University of Nevada, Reno, Nevada Today, 8 November 2017, accessed 20 June 2019.
- Fernley Adult Education Center, National Literacy Directory, accessed 20 June 2019.
- Safety projects to start in December, Fernley principal talks growth, Reno Gazette Journal, 26 October 2017, accessed 20 June 2019.