|Founded at||San Francisco, California, U.S.|
|Rick Hutchinson (CEO)|
City Carshare was a carsharing program that operated in the San Francisco Bay Area, starting in 2001.  It rented vehicles by the hour.  In November 2016, the company effectively ceased operations, when Getaround, a for-profit, carsharing company, took over City CarShare's fleet, parking spaces, and member base.  
At its inception in 2001, City CarShare was the only carsharing program in the San Francisco area.  By 2002, the company expanded to Oakland, Berkeley, and Palo Alto.  In 2004, City Carshare sold off cars from its fleet in favor of using shared vehicles. 
In 2011, City CarShare was one of eighteen organizations to form the North American CarSharing Association, the world's largest.  City CarShare was one of the lead organizations in the new association, which had 100,000 members upon its launch.  In 2011, City CarShare also partnered with the city of San Francisco to provide on-street parking exclusively for City CarShare vehicles. 
- Michael Cabanatuan (November 27, 2012). "Electrifying car-sharing". San Francisco Gate. Retrieved March 12, 2013.
- Ishimaru, Heather (30 April 2008). "Commuting ideas for the Bay Area". KABC-TV. Archived from the original on 15 April 2016. Retrieved 8 September 2020.
- "City CarShare hands over on-demand auto rentals to Getaround".
- "Getaround and City CarShare join forces". Getaround. 9 November 2016. Retrieved 8 September 2020.
- Michael Cabanatuan (January 22, 2007). "Car-sharing catching on with Bay Area drivers / Firms provide autos for those who don't want hassle of ownership". San Francisco Gate. Retrieved March 12, 2013.
- "City CarShare names new leader". San Francisco Business Times. November 18, 2002. Retrieved March 12, 2013.
- Riya Bhattacharjee (April 22, 2008). "CarShare Now Offering Wheelchair-Accessible Vans". Berkeley Daily Planet. Retrieved April 3, 2013.
- Laura Colgan (February 25, 2011). "City CarShare chief talks about new organization". San Francisco Examiner. Retrieved March 12, 2013.
- Eric Young (January 26, 2011). "San Francisco's City Carshare heads industry group". San Francisco Business Times. Retrieved March 12, 2013.
- Dan McMenamin (October 3, 2011). "Plan To Devote Street Parking Places To City CarShare Launches". Bay City News. Retrieved March 12, 2013.
- Said, Carolyn (10 November 2016). "City CarShare hands over on-demand auto rentals to Getaround". San Francisco Chronicle.