California Freedom Coalition
|Policy Director||Dave Marin|
The California Freedom Coalition is a political group advocating for the political, economic, and social empowerment of Californians. It supports universal healthcare for Californians, greater representation for California in the U.S. Congress, and more funding for education in California, as well as the possibility of Californian independence.
Drawing intentional parallels to the separatist movement in Catalonia, which briefly seceded from Spain,  the group affiliates itself with groups like the California National Party. The California Freedom Coalition has participated in many rallies throughout the state that promote democratic principles .
The California Freedom Coalition has been reported on by the Sacramento Bee , the LA Weekly , Mother Jones  and other California-focused media outlets . The group has been highlighted on local TV news  shows and Fox News.
It is officially made up of two non profit entities, the California Freedom Coalition Education Fund and California Freedom Coalition Advocacy Fund. 
The California Freedom Coalition's policy think tank has also written a number of research papers that highlight areas of the federal government that are less democratic and harm the people of California  .
The Advocacy arm has lobbied the state assembly for bills that protect Californians, like SB822  Net Neutrality.
- "Home - California Freedom Coalition". Home - California Freedom Coalition. Retrieved 4 May 2018.
- Irby, Kate (12 October 2017). "California secessionists think their path to independence is easier than Catalonia's". Retrieved 4 May 2018 – via Sacramento Bee.
- Jr, Martin Macias (2018-03-14). "Protesters Roll Out 'Unwelcome' Mat for President Trump". Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- Miller, Jim (2017-05-19). "Calexit plan is back, but it's toned down". The Sacramento Bee. ISSN 0890-5738. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- Romero, Dennis (2017-07-05). "Backers of California Secession Say State's Senate Representation Is Dire". L.A. Weekly. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- Gilson, Dave. "California secessionists are hoping for a Trump bump". Mother Jones. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- Jennewein, Chris (2017-07-27). "Independent California? Backers Begin Gathering Signatures for Initiative". Times of San Diego. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- CalFree Coalition, KNBC LA Shankar Singam Talking Strategy, retrieved 2018-12-11
- "About Us - California Freedom Coalition". Home - California Freedom Coalition. Retrieved 4 May 2018.
- "calfree | Blog". Home | California Freedom Coalition. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- "calfree | Senate". Home | California Freedom Coalition. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- "calfree | SB822". Home | California Freedom Coalition. Retrieved 2018-12-11.