Marymount California University
|Motto||Tua Luce Dirige|
Motto in English
|Direct Us by Thy Light|
|Type||Private liberal arts college|
Roman Catholic |
( Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary)
|Campus||Suburban, 26 acres (11 ha)|
|Athletics||NAIA – Cal-Pac|
Marymount California University is a Catholic university in Rancho Palos Verdes, California. Based in the liberal arts tradition and inspired by the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary (RHSM), the university awards associate, bachelor's, and graduate degrees.  The institution is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. 
Marymount California University was established in 1968 by the RHSM as Marymount Palos Verdes College. It was split from the original Marymount College in Westwood, Los Angeles; this Marymount later merged with St. Joseph's College and then Loyola University to form Loyola Marymount University. At the time, the college was a two-year institution of higher education. In 1975, responsibility for the College was transferred to a lay board of trustees.  In 1986, the college changed its name from Marymount Palos Verdes College to Marymount College. In summer 2011, Marymount opened its Waterfront Campus in downtown San Pedro, Los Angeles.  In spring 2013, Marymount changed its name from Marymount College to Marymount California University to reflect "an ongoing transformation of the 45-year-old institution of higher education to a multi-campus institution offering undergraduate and graduate degree programs." In fall 2013, Marymount opened its Lakeside Campus in the community of Lucerne in rural Lake County, in Northern California. 
In February 2018, the university appointed trustee Brian Marcotte its new president. It was not immediately clear why the previous president, Lucas Lamadrid, left the position although the local newspaper Daily Breeze reported "allegations of inappropriate behavior, exorbitant spending and discriminatory conduct." 
Residential Community include The Villas located in adjacent San Pedro, a community of fully furnished, two-story townhomes that can accommodate 400 students and staff. In the center of the community is a swimming pool, fitness center, outdoor covered pavilion, beach volleyball court, basketball court and a soon to be completed outdoor kitchen. 
Free Shuttle Service is available for all enrolled students, faculty and staff between all of our Southern California campuses, as well as a number of other sites around the community. 
- Associate in Arts
- Associate in Science
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Arts/Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Arts in Business
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Arts in Digital Communication Media
- Bachelor of Science in Management
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing
- Bachelor of Arts in Multidisciplinary Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Marymount California University offers the following graduate degree programs: 
- Master of Business Administration
- Total Undergraduate Enrollment:1,099
- Female: 54%
- Out of State: 6%
- International: 19%
- Freshman Enrollment: 438 
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 17:1
Men's and women's sports include baseball, cross country, eSports, golf, soccer, softball, surfing, tennis, track and women's indoor/beach volleyball. 
- ACCU Member Institutions Archived 2014-07-14 at the Wayback Machine
- "Academic Program Information - Marymount California University". Marymountcalifornia.edu. Retrieved 13 August 2018.
- "Marymount California University - WASC Senior College and University Commission". Wascsenior.org. Retrieved 13 August 2018.
- "Quick Facts - Marymount California University". Marymountcalifornia.edu. Retrieved 13 August 2018.
- [ dead link]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-04-07. Retrieved 2013-04-08.CS1 maint: archived copy as title ( link)
- Valerie Osier (February 5, 2018). "Marymount California University president MIA amid allegations of inappropriate behavior". Daily Breeze. Retrieved February 12, 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-04-02. Retrieved 2011-09-20.CS1 maint: archived copy as title ( link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-04-03. Retrieved 2014-04-03.CS1 maint: archived copy as title ( link)
- "Campus Shuttle and Transportation - Marymount California University". Marymountcalifornia.edu. Retrieved 13 August 2018.
- "Marymount California University - The Princeton Review College Rankings & Reviews". Princetonreview.com. Retrieved 13 August 2018.
- "About the Cal Pac". California Pacific Conference. Retrieved 13 August 2018.
- "Marymount California University Athletics". Marinerathletics.com. Retrieved 13 August 2018.