Giant (Buddy Holly album)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2017)
|Compilation album by|
|Recorded||1956–1959 and 1968|
|Studio||Norman Petty Studios in Clovis, New Mexico|
|Genre||Rock and roll, rockabilly|
|Buddy Holly chronology|
Giant was Buddy Holly's eighth posthumously released album and the fifth album to feature previously unreleased material. The original recordings were overdubbed by the Fireballs in 1968.
- " Love is Strange" ( Ethel Smith, Mickey Baker)
- " Good Rockin' Tonight" ( Roy Brown)
- " Blue Monday" ( Dave Bartholomew, Antoine Domino)
- " Have You Ever Been Lonely (Have You Ever Been Blue)" ( George Brown, Peter De Rose)
- " Slippin' and Slidin'" (Albert Collins, Edwin Bocage, James Smith, Richard Penniman)
- "You're the One" (Buddy Holly, Slim Corbin, Waylon Jennings)
- "(Ummm, Oh Yeah) Dearest" (Bob Gibson, Ellas McDaniel, Prentice Herman Polk, Jr.)
- "Smokey Joe's Cafe" ( Jerry Leiber, Mike Stoller)
- " Ain't Got No Home" ( Clarence Henry)
- "Holly Hop" (Charles Hardin Holley)
|UK Album Charts||14 |
- Bruce Eder. "Giant - Buddy Holly | Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved 2020-12-08.
- Buddy Holly - Giant Retrieved April 12, 2017
- "Buddy Holly - Full Official Chart History". Official Charts Company. Official Charts Company. Retrieved 25 March 2017.